Key Points to Emphasize
Some key points to emphasize when doing resistance training tire as follows:
- Train with a partner if possible, This helps to increase motivation, the intensity of the workout, and safety,
- Always breathe when lifting. Exhale during the concentric (positive] phase of contraction, and inhale during the eccentric (negative) phase,
- Accelerate the weight through the concentric phase of contraction, and return the weight to the starting position in a controlled manner during the eccentric phase,
- Exercise the large muscle groups first, then the smaller ones.
- Perform all exercises through their full range of motion. Begin from a fully extended, relaxed position (prestretched), and end the concentric phase in a fully contracted position,
- Always use strict form. Do not twist, lurch, lunge, or arch the body, This can cause serious injury. These motions also detract from the effectiveness of the exercise because they take much of the stress off the targeted muscle groups and place it on other muscles.
- Rest from 30 to 180 seconds between different exercises and sets of a given exercise.
- Allow at least 48 hours of recovery between workouts, but not more than 96 hours, to let the body recover and help prevent over training and injury.
- Progress slowly, Never increase the resistance used by more than 10 percent at a time.
- Alternate pulling and pushing exercises. For example, follow triceps extensions with biceps curls.
- Ensure that every training program is balanced. Train the whole body, not just specific areas. Concentrating on weak areas is all right, but the rest of the body must also be trained.